Monday, May 10, 2010

Another type of SPAM





This morning I was spammed twice. Both used the phone to spam me.

The first was a call from a lady who immediately identified herself. I received an email from her a couple of days ago that ruffled my feathers because I received it in a jealously guarded email account. I sent her an email asking where she obtained my email address.

Her phone call provided the answer, sort of. She said she obtained my email from two friends (husband and wife?). I told her she was spamming me. She said that was not true because to spam someone you need to send a whole bunch of emails at once. I chuckled and ended the call politely.

The second call was from a person who identified himself as Michael Bianco. He asked me to write down his phone number which is
602-765-1974. He added that this was a direct line. I decided to humor this obvious spammer so I listened some more. He said he obtained my phone number from a website where I asked for info about how to make money on the internet.

Well, well. More likely, I downloaded an eBook. Come to think of it, I think I can find that eBook because I remember including my phone number on the lead capture page. This guy said, "I just need 8 minutes of your time." I told him I would give him 2 minutes since I am already happy with the income I make online.

Here's the punchline. He said, "OK. 2 minutes, just wait for the click." I started to ask about "the click" when suddenly I was on hold listening to some crappy elevator musice.

So, that is the way they handle difficult people. They put them on hold. Good idea, jerk. No wonder you have an $10 per hour job.

Readers, when you get a call from 602-765-1974 don't even answer the call if you value your time and/or sanity.

For the record, my definition of
SPAM is any unsolicited business email, phone call or fax unless it is from a friend or family member. If it is from a business that wants to sell me something there is no question it is SPAM for me.

What the phone spammers need to learn is that this is a lose-lose situation. They lose time. I lose time. Time is valuable, at least to me and I assume to any other person. There are so many other ways to catch the attention of people who really need your service or product. Why waste your time?

Greg Cryns

The Mighty Mo Website Design and Promotion

Work At Home Profiles

No comments:

Post a Comment