Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gmail is creepy

I think Gmail is a great email client.

Except for one thing.

The chat aspect is downright creepy.

So, I enter my Gmail account and *Beep* the popup chat box comes up telling me that so-and-so wants to chat. Problem is that I am an old fashioned guy. I'd much rather chat over the phone.

But wait!

How did he know I was online at Gmail. Was he waiting like a stalker? Waiting for me to show my keystrokes? Does he hang out there all day long waiting for the opportunity to pounce?

Frankly, I'm not fond of some new technology like this chat thing. Probably I could somehow turn that off but then I'd be thought of as Uppity or something.

I thought life was getting easier. Maybe not?

Your thoughts?

Greg Cryns

Work At Home Profiles
Wahm Search Engine




No comments:

Post a Comment