Saturday, February 21, 2009

A different networking approach


I am a long time member of the Ryze.com community. Lots of people know me or know of me there since I have a bulletin board network with about 5,000 members. I also made a ton of posts there over the years.

I received a private message from someone I don't know. Yes, I may have chatted with this person online once, but I'm not even sure of that.

Below is the message he sent. What is interesting about the note is that he writes as though we've been friends all along.

Know what? This is a good idea! You can bet I will remember his name the next time I see it, or I may get a fuzzy feeling when I do see the name.

Is this good networking? I think it could open doors. What do you think?

Here is the message:


Hi Greg,

It's been awhile since I dropped you a line. Sorry, life get's in the way sometimes I am sad to say. I need to prioritize better. Having fun takes up a lot of time.

Anyway, hope all is well over there and not too cold!

Jen & I had a great day yesterday, (Saturday) diving off the Sunshine Coast, a one hour drive north of Brisbane.

We had three dives at Caves Reef, about 20 minutes off the coast. On dive 1 we saw a massive Crayfish, just sitting at the bottom of the anchor chain. On dive 2 we caught up with a turtle. It was about 3 feet long and just resting in a hideaway watching as swim by. Very cute. Then on dive 3 for the day, a giant school of colourful fish, don't ask me what type as I still have to do that part of the course.

Needless to say we slept well last night.

They have sunk a Navy ship, the HMAS Brisbane not that much further north and we plan on diving that in a couple of weeks. Oh, just incase you were wandering, the water temp was 26 C, think thats high 70's F. Are you guy's C or F?

Today is going to be a nice relaxing day of recovery. Sunday breakfast with some friends, then catch up with one of my daughters, Seth's mum. He's 4mths old now and all smiles.

Take care,

(name withheld)

What other networking techniques have you tried? Please post them in comments.

Greg Cryns
Free Freelance Report


Work At Home Profiles
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment