Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Results of Twitter message


Yesterday, 12/16/08/, as an experiment to find out how far a Twitter post will connect with my followers, I sent out this message four times:

"HOW MANY FOLLOWERS SEE YOUR POST? - IF you READ THIS POST please notify me in a message, date and time - I update later - thanks! "

1st post 5:17 AM PST
2nd post 7:00 AM PST
3rd post 3:00 PM PST
4th post 11:00 PM PST

I received nine (9) direct responses and 15 email message responses from people who said they saw the message. That is 24 total responses.

I have approximately 950 followers. This says that 2.5% of the people who follow me sent a response.

What does this mean? I'm not sure. The variables are many.

They were sent on a Tuesday. Would I get a better response on another day?

They were sent near Christmas day. Is that a factor?

I think it is fair to say that not all who saw the message decided to take action. I wonder how many simply did not have the time or energy to respond. I wonder if the people who do follow me think I post too much that does not interest or concern them?

I would like to see some more people do the same experiment. Statistics lie and liars use statistics, right?

At the core of the experiment is to find out how powerful, or not, is Twitter in getting out our messages.

What do you think?

greg cryns

Work At Home Profiles

Wahm Search Engine







1 comment:

  1. Great job on this? How many of our followers truly are paying attention to us? Sometimes I am surprised when people come out of the woodwork to comment on my blog, and I bet twitted has a similar thing going on. That is, people sit back and do nothing until they see a tweet that sparks their interest.

    ReplyDelete